This Addendum (“Addendum”) is attached to and forms part of the Bail Bond Application and Indemnity Agreement signed, sealed, and delivered by you as Indemnitor (“Agreement”) and is incorporated into the Agreement by this reference. Any capitalized terms used in this Addendum without definition shall have the meanings assigned to these terms by the Agreement.
1. The bail producer shall only charge you or collect money or other valuable consideration from you for the following:
a. to pay premiums;
b. to provide collateral;
c. to reimburse the bail producer for actual and reasonable expenses and are limited to the following:
- i. incurred to verify underwriting information;
- ii. to pay for notary public fees, recording fees;
- iii. necessary long-distance telephone or telegram fees; or
- iv. travel expenses incurred more than twenty-five (25) miles from a bail producer’s place of business, which includes any city or locality in which the bail producer advertises or engages in bail business.
d. Expenses listed in items (i)-(iv) above shall not exceed a total of fifty dollars ($50).
2. Collateral shall be returned to you within fourteen (14) days of the date the notice is received by the Surety that the obligation is
discharged. A copy of the court order wherein the bail was ordered exonerated shall be deemed prima facie evidence of the termination of the
3. If payment of the principal sum set forth in paragraph 1 of the Indemnity Agreement is not paid in full within thirty days of the date
the bond is posted, then interest shall accrue at the rate of 1% per month on the unpaid balance and I agree to pay the interest due with each
installment payment. In addition, if the premium installment is not paid by the due dates set forth in the Promissory Note we may surrender
the defendant and no premium shall be refunded.
4. Except as expressly provided in this Addendum, all terms and conditions of the Agreement remain in full force and effect. In the
event of a conflict between the terms and conditions of the Agreement and this Addendum, this Addendum shall control.
5. This Addendum shall be attached to every Bail Bond Application and Agreement entered into in the State mentioned below.